Tuesday, August 4, 2009

If I didn't laugh I'd cry!

Wow! Let me tell you about the adventure of taking kids on an airplane! First of all...I hate flying. It reminds me of being crammed in the single cab, bumpy truck with all six of my brothers and sisters and I experience a bout of nausea every time I fly the so called friendly skies. Now add that to holding a toddler (We'll just call her Emma) that wants nothing more than to wreak some havoc on this new found environment, a five year old (Kassie) that is encouraging the toddler to do her worst, an eleven year old (Chris) that is bouncing off the walls of the plane and a ten year old (Mason) that is completely engrossed in the experience of flying except for the loud screeching sound that kind of resembles "SHUT UP" that keeps coming from his mouth. Of course these wonderful new flight passengers know that the parents are just powerless pawns with all these witnesses around so they are free to do what they please...Don't even ask about the airport!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! It was an experience to remember. For sure!

Rheanna Bristol said...

Cute Kids! I think its cool that your a fan of adoption as well. Nothing beats it!
I am gonna link your blog. I think its cute!

Meri said...

Well if someone's gonna start reading it, I guess I should write on it once in a while! :)

Meri said...

So tell me about your experience with adoption R. Or maybe I should keep up on your blog!! I've been a Step Mother (wicked mind you) since 2002, but adopting Chris did have it's horrors anyway!