Thursday, December 22, 2011

Journal Entry 5/30/07

The following is an actual conversation I had with my boys, both 8 at the time. A friend of mine, Aubrey Wursten, reminded me of it by something she wrote on Facebook. It says:

I always am reminded to write by my children. They are just the cutest and funniest things in the whole world!!
Kassie (3) thinks that she's a kitty and runs around on all 4's meowing. She does this even in public. She also likes to say how CUTE everything is! For example: "It's a cute little bloody!" when she has a bloody nose.
The child that most inspired me to write tonight was Mason, though. We were sitting at the table; Mason (8), Christopher (almost 9) and I. I was gagging down our little cardboard pizza, and Christopher was telling me he had Rib for lunch today. I foolishly tried to explain that it had to come from some sort of animal and here is the result!
MASON: It could've come from a human too.
ME: I'm pretty sure It's illegal to eat human ribs.
MASON: Well, if it isn't it should be.
ME: It IS illegal.
MASON: What if they're already dead?
ME: Still, we don't eat other Humans. It's called cannibalism.
CHRIS: We eat cows and stuff though.
ME: They're animals. We're humans. It's not the same as eating your own kind.
MASON: (With a very serious expression) Now I know why we bury people.... So other people don't go around eating them.

I'm so glad I was able to avoid Mason's tendencies to eat humans at that young age!!

1 comment:

Josh said...

Merry Christmas!
Sorry, i haven't kept in touch!
do know if there is an email address i could use to email you?

-Josh

P.S. Reply
to: tinkerfrenzy@gmail.com