Monday, May 5, 2014

First Easter

I thought I'd give all ya'll (in the Texas parlance) a few days break from reading my nonsensical drivel. Now I'm back with more content than ever. Poor you.

Eggs, Roll Out!

Easter is a pretty fun time for us. We have a few traditions, some inherited and some new. This year we went out to a hill south of Manti, UT with the Crane family to roll eggs. 

I remember the first time we joined them for this somewhere outside New Harmony, UT about 92,000 years ago. My conversation with Meri went something like this:

Meri - "We're going to go roll eggs with Mammy and Papa and all the kids." 
Me - "We're going to what?!"

Hamburger Hill (for eggs)


It turns out, the kids really get a kick out of seeing who can get a hard-boiled egg to roll the farthest down a hill.

It turns out, the adults really get a kick out of seeing who can get a hard-boiled egg to roll the farthest down a hill.

It turns out, I like repeating this.

There was a SLIGHT breeze.

Who Says Bunnies Don't Have A Sense Of Humor?

The Easter Bunny continued the tradition of leaving candy all over our house and hiding Easter baskets. When he came to the Axis & Allies game the boys and I are still working on, he decided to even the odds...


I'll be back...

Second Easter is already in the pipe so I'll probably finish it sometime this week. Rest assured that there will not be a 3rd or 4th... that would be silly.

No comments: