Thursday, March 27, 2014

Unrealistic Expectations: Achievement UNLOCKED

I'm About To Let You Down

Yep, two blog posts in a week. There is absolutely no way I will ever maintain this pace. It is likely that I won't write here again for at least 7 years. 

TONIGHT WAS FUN!

Tonight I had the pleasure of heading into Salt Lake City with Mason and Chris Munn of the clan Munn. The three of us went to Weller Book Works (a FANTASTIC book store in Trolley Square) for the Wells brothers' final stop on their book tour. We got there early and so had the opportunity to goof around, take selfies, and get the boys hooked on 2048.

Three Munn geeks in a bookstore. Your move, world.

"What is 2048?" you ask? It is a horribly addictive little game you can play on your phone or on a computer because it's just a simple website: http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/ Let me know when you surface for air after clicking that link. Grab a snack first... trust me.

The Men Of The Hour

Dan and Robison (Rob) didn't dissappoint. Dan wore his floppy hat. There was mention of near electrocution during childhood. Fingers were pointed... and turned around.

Dan and Rob quipped back and forth while providing brief backgrounds and discussing their latest books and projects. Anthologies, secret projects, and movies. Oh my!

The floppy hat was in full effect.

If you didn't know, Dan has published 2 trilogies: the more recent Partials Sequence (New York Times Bestselling) and the John Cleaver series. These are ostensibly "Young Adult" but from what I've read anyone from that age-group and up would enjoy them. Rob has written Variant and Feedback, a two-part series, and recently released Blackout with its sequel coming this fall.

Afterward we brought our books around to be signed and chatted with the authors for a minute. Chris and Mason had some great questions and generally got their fanboy on.

Personally, I get a big kick out of being a dad to a couple of young men who enjoy going to a book signing with their old man. I'm pretty dang lucky.

Feeding Of The Faces

After we closed down the bookstore, the boys and I retired to Five Guys Burgers And Fries. If you've never been, I recommend it. One of the best places for a burger in the state. Just don't order the VERY, VERY LARGE fries unless there are 2-3 of you to eat them.

Chris held this pose for about 45 seconds while I was trying to get this pic.
The other version has Mason looking at him somewhat disgustedly.

No comments: