Sunday, March 30, 2014

Family Weekend: Oops He Did It Again

Enough with the commentary on how often or not these posts will last. Enjoy them while they last. This is the last warning. It may not last. I already said that last week. Last warning.

Food And Games

Saturday Chris, Mason, and I went to run some errands and got lunch at HuHot http://www.huhot.com/index.aspx. I've eaten there a couple times and it was tasty as usual. If you like Mongolian BBQ or don't know what it is, give it a try. Don't let the name fool you though, you have to choose the spicy options. Mason (our resident hot-mouth) tried a scoop of their hottest sauce on his last dish and was pretty surprised. It's good stuff.

We also stopped by a game shop and picked up a couple of new board games. Axis & Allies for the boys to play and Wits and Wagers for the whole family. I warned the boys that Axis and Allies is a very long game but they were excited to try it. We started a game when we got home and made it through 1.5 turns! It felt like an accomplishment to make it that far because we were learning (or relearning) the rules at the same time. Hopefully we can pick it back up later this week. Here is the final state:

Axis & Allies is a really fun game if you have a little patience. It was only $29 at Hastur Games.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Today we all decided to walk to church. It was almost 50 degrees out and the building is pretty close to our home. This turned out to be a controversial choice later...

What was really awesome about today was that Meri and Kassie sang beautifully during the main church meeting. It was very moving and... there may have been tears. I can neither confirm or deny. I forgot to grab a picture after the meeting since cameras are not allowed during so I snapped this later at home.

Emma really wanted to be in it too and who could resist that face??
After church we looked outside and it was snow-hailing (which it continued to do for several hours). I sprinted up the hill to the house to get the car and drive the girls home. My lungs were burning for at least 30 minutes after. This geek needs to get back on the exercise train.



Not long after we got home, Meri and I received this gem on our family group-text. I'm still laughing!



Crock-pot taco soup (one of Meri's delicious specialties) was for late lunch/early dinner. Meri and I binge-watched a few episodes of Bones while the kids played. Meri is all caught up on the show but liked it so much she's watching it again with me. It's definitely good :)

All in all a great weekend!


No comments: