Sunday, April 6, 2014

Theatre, Theatre, Theater

As I write this blog post couch-side in Grouse Creek, I have to count my blessings. It's been a crazy and great week culminating in a trip here to this barely-known region of Northwestern Utah to spend time with family and enjoy LDS General Conference. If you've never watched conference, you can see previous sessions at lds.org. One session will pretty quickly give you an idea of what we Mormons are really all about. My soul is filled right now and I am extremely grateful for my family, friends, and God.

Now on to the happenings of the week.

Theatre (Puppet)

Kassie and Emma put on quite a show this week. They created their own puppet theatre by pinning blankets across Kassie's bedroom door. The show was all set up when I arrived home from work late one evening early this week. It was a great surprise and really made my day.


The audience was excited and despite this image, they were in no way inebriated... This is brought to you by the Google+ feature "auto awesome" which automatically animates pictures that were taken close together. I asked Kassie to take a pic of the audience and apparently she took a few!

Clearly it was getting a little late...
The show began and the girls performed masterfully. Kassie often supplied lines to Emma throughout and there was a definite plot-line. There was also a lot of giggling.


Puppets playing ball.
All in all it was a very fun and funny performance. A great way to end any day.

Theatre (In The Round)

On Wednesday, I had a long-planned surprise lined up for Meri and Kassie. About a month ago, I learned that The Hale Center Theatre would be playing Les Miserables (a little late as it was almost sold out). I knew that Meri had long desired to see a live presentation of the musical and we have been to this theatre before and enjoy their quality productions.

My dates for the show.
I secretly bought the tickets and asked Meri to set aside the evening and find a babysitter for Emma since the boys would be in scouts. Without much other information, she was a very good sport about it. I've never seen the play or the movie, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't be age-appropriate for Emma (who barely survives kid-centric movies). It was a little dodgy for Kassie as well, but we explained it to her in a way that made sense we think.


This was a really fun experience I hope we all remember for a long time. The girls have been listening and singing along to the Les Miserables soundtrack for several days since.

Theater (Movie)

HealthEquity has a really fun tradition of taking all the employees to an advanced screening of a fun movie in the spring. Last year it was Iron Man 3 and this year it was Captain America 2. The company founder Steve Neeleman dressed up as Cap too. We have a good time :)


The movie was really fun and afterward we took some photo opportunities:


Captain Chris doesn't stand a chance.
I decided to get in on the action...

Clearly that wasn't happening.

I'm not quite as limber as Kass...

In Grouse Creek

We've been having fun here too. The boys are sleeping out on the trampoline for the second night. They tried to convince me to join them but I'm NOT falling for it. Waking up with my usual puddle of drool frozen to my lips and the metal edges of the tramp isn't on my to-do list.

Maybe I'll write another one of these soon. We'll see.

No comments: